Sunday, August 15, 2010

Zoolander

Zoolander, 2001
Zoolander (Special Collector's Edition)

Zoolander (Special Collector's Edition)

I don't really know why I haven't seen this movie yet. I don't really remember when the movie came out and I don't think I remember any of my friends really talking about the movie. Kind of strange, right? Anyway, I have a general idea what the movie is about and the kind of comedy it's going to have throughout the movie. To be perfectly honest, I think it's going to be one of those movies that I either really like or just think is too stupid.

After having watched the movie:
(Possible spoilers below)

I was right about one thing, the movie was full of stupid and at times over the top comedy. That kind of comedy is really hit or miss with me and for the most part I thought the movie was funny. The only bit that got to be too much was when Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller were trying to get the file from the computer and were too over the top as "stupid ape models."

What made up for some of the over the top comedy moments though were all of the celebrity cameos throughout the movie: Donald Trump, Chistian Slater, Tom Ford, Cuba Gooding Jr., Tommy Hilfiger, Natalie Portman, Fabio, Lenny Kravitz, Gwen Stefani, Heidi Klum, Paris Hilton, David Bowie, Fred Durst, Lance Bass, Lil' Kim, and so many more.

Final thoughts: This would have been a really hard movie to have watched on my own, so I'm really glad that my friend Wil was able to make it over to watch the movie with me. It makes the third movie I've watched today, but I had a lot of catching up to do.

OFFICIAL COUNT 59 DOWN 306 TO GO

Next up: Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

No comments: