Friday, August 6, 2010

Progress Update: I'm still struggling

Wow. It's Friday and I'm only one movie into this week. I've never been this far behind! When I started the 365 Movie Challenge, I knew it wouldn't be easy. I also knew that if I didn't try to keep with the idea of watching one movie a day that things would start to get out of hand and would gradually snowball into something too big to tackle. So the big question now is how did I end up in this mess?

Well, I took that short film job for two days, which means that I've been working every day since Monday and I won't have a full day off until next Thursday. Which may also explain why I've been getting sick. Not to mention the fact that I completely slipped up with my Netflix shipping schedule and wasted one shipment on a movie that isn't even on the 365 Movie Challenge list. How frustrating right? Especially when I'm still scrambling to find out how I'm going to get LA Confidential, it remains to be at a long wait status on Netflix. A big sarcastic thank you goes out to all of those other subscribers who have also decided to add this movie to their list the same time I've added it to mine. Haha. I think I'll have to bite the bullet on this one and just stop by Blockbuster this weekend.

There is a bit of good news through all of this though, I've been able to find the majority of movies that are on the 365 Movie Challenge list that have been playing on Showtime and Encore. Which will give me a little bit of breathing room with all the movies that I'm relying solely on Netflix for.

Movies on the list for today as I try to play catch up:
High Noon
Fried Green Tomatoes

No comments: