Sunday, August 1, 2010

Wall E

Wall E, 2008
Wall-E (Single-Disc Edition)

Wall-E (Single-Disc Edition)

Initially I wanted to see this movie in the theaters. I mean, it's a Pixar movie so why wouldn't you want to see their newest movie? And then I had a change of heart. I haven't seen the movie yet because I thought one of two things would happen in the movie: I was afraid the writers were going to be too mean to Wall E or end up making me cry like I did when I watched Up. I'm not sure how they have managed to do it, but the people at Pixar have become masters at their craft. Within minutes, they're able to make audiences care about the characters in a feature or short films and always create a great story. After having the change of heart I realized at some point I would end up watching the movie, and I've even heard so many people go on and on about this movie, I thought I should finally give in and check it out.

After having watched the movie:
(Possible spoilers below)

I watched the movie on Saturday afternoon with my little sister, Jhaidel. She came over to my place where we made popcorn, shared some candy and watched the movie together. It was actually the first movie that I've been able to watch with my little sister so it made watching the movie kind of special.

Overall, I really liked the movie. I was actually surprised by the first twenty minutes of the movie, because up until that point it may as well have been a silent movie. I hadn't realized it at first, but with the exception of a monologue via a billboard, this is a silent movie until Wall E and Eve start trying to communicate. Which doesn't happen until you're twenty-two minutes into the movie. From that point it's an additional seventeen minutes until the first human dialogue begins in the movie. Typically I don't mind watching silent movies, but I was surprised that so many kids have seen and later fallen in love with the movie.

Final thoughts: Wall E was amazing, and true to form Pixar was able to successfully make a cockroach cute. Never before would I have said that a cockroach was cute; however if I see one in my apartment I'm still going to reach for bug spray.

OFFICIAL COUNT 47 DOWN 318 TO GO

Next up: Run Lola Run

No comments: