Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sleepless in Seattle? Take a melatonin, put this movie on and you'll be out in twenty minutes.

Sleepless in Seattle, 1993
Sleepless in Seattle (10th Anniversary Edition)

Sleepless in Seattle (10th Anniversary Edition)

Ugh.. another romantic movie from the 90s. I'm not really excited about this movie and I think it's because at this point almost everyone has seen it. Which also means that everyone has told me their favorite part of the movie as well. Surprisingly enough though, it isn't always at the end when they meet at the top of the Empire State building after Jonah realizes he left his book bag there by mistake. I'm fairly certain that I've had the entire movie carefully explained to me in full details, but I've never seen the movie in its entirety.

Oh well, I don't know that I really have anything to lose. I mean, it was like the movie Predator. I'm going to have to watch it eventually.

After having watched the movie:
(Possible spoilers below)

In general I like love stories, just not this one. I'm also fairly certain that it has everything to do with having been told everything about the movie before I had the chance to watch the movie for myself. Not that this movie has a twist ending, but it's nice when you're able to watch it not knowing what happens and having already heard all the punch lines. Also, the movie is just a little far fetched and I'm not the only who feels that way, because Kim Basinger turned the role down for the same reasons.

In my opinion though, the best parts of the movie come from some of the minor characters like Rosie O'Donnell's character, Becky. Becky actually had the best line in the movie, "You don't want to be in love, you want to be in love in a movie." Take note Twi-hearts because Becky is onto something.

Final thoughts: I was just okay about having to watch this movie and I'm just okay with it after having finally watched the movie for myself. I'd recommend watching the movie when you're up late trying to fall asleep. It's something that if you start nodding off you're going to have a hard time jumping back into,  and it's a "feel good" movie that's calming enough to fall asleep to.

OFFICIAL COUNT 64 DOWN 301 TO GO

Next up: The Mask

No comments: