Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Princess and the Warrior

The Princess and the Warrior, 2000
The Princess and the Warrior

The Princess and the Warrior


I've been watching a lot of movies with my Grandparents lately, and it has me a little worried that I'm going to be left with all of these foreign movies to watch once they go back to Ohio for the winter months. Obviously, I'm not against foreign movies it's just that foreign films are a specific genera to me and I don't want to be at the end of the challenge with nothing but zombie and foreign films left to watch to make my deadline. And let's play out that scenerio for a moment, it would really mean that I'd have to pull friends together with the promise of a pizza in order to watch all three zombie movies on June 13.
After having watched the movie:
(Possible spoilers below)
The best thing about this movie was watching the relationship between Sissi and Bodo play out. I know how generic that sounds, but their both two unlikely people to have ever met. They save each others lives, get involved in a big bank heist, and end up fleeing the city together. That's not really something you see everyday, which is why it's so compelling to see on screen. The thing that really makes this a great movie and not a good movie is that the characters are three dimensional and it reads that way on screen. And learning how to create these kind of characters has got to be one of the biggest herdels for young writers.
Final thoughts: I think the fact that this is a foreign movie is going to steer a majority of the population away from this movie, and that's a sad reality because it really is such a great movie. Oh and if there was any doubt, my favorite scene for so many reason is when Sissi and Bodo jump off the top of the hospital roof.
OFFICIAL COUNT: 155 DOWN 210 TO GO
Next up: Rosemary's Baby

No comments: