Friday, February 4, 2011

Annie Hall

Annie Hall, 1977
Annie Hall

Annie Hall


I typically like Woody Allen movies, and with Annie Hall being considered one of the best in it's genera I'm a little excited about watching the movie. I don't think this is going to be one of the movies that my Grandparents really like though, as they're not big fans of Woody Allen.
After having watched the movie:
(Possible spoilers below)
When I say that I'm behind in the movies that I've watched, I'm not joking. I'm really behind. I watched this movie on December 19, and I'm finally writing about it on February 4. It's not the two days that I had originally set up in the rules for the challenge, but I've cut myself some slack because it's not June 15. Which isn't so bad when you take into consideration that now I’m only sixteen movies behind to be on track by February 15. Anyway, this brings me to my greatest fear about having fallen so far behind in both the watching and writing of these movies. I don't remember a thing about Annie Hall. I mean, I remember watching the movie, and certain scenes from it but there was nothing special about it to me. I was kind of bored the whole time.
I am willing to accept that watching the movie was bad timing on my part though. I was in the middle of the holiday season at work, and two days prior to watching the movie I had to say goodbye to The Boyfriend who was going to Arizona for the holidays. I wouldn't exactly say that I was in the mood for a Romantic Comedy, and in hindsight I probably should have watched one of the zombie movies I've successfully put off for another day.
Final thoughts: Maybe it's me, but I can't really see how a movie that I don't remember less than two months later was really all that great. I mean, it left me thinking Annie... Annie who?
OFFICIAL COUNT: 150 DOWN 215 TO GO
Next up: Miracle on 34th Street

No comments: