Monday, February 28, 2011

Changeling

Changeling, 2008
Changeling

Changeling

I was really excited to sit down and watch this movie, and I've felt like I've bee trying to speed through so many movies just to get back on track before the 365 Movie Challenge gets out of hand that sometimes I've missed out on really being able to just sit down and enjoy a movie. This one, I don't know how but I felt like I was able to just sit down and relax while watching the movie.

I thought it was the perfect movie to watch with my Grandparents. My Grams loves any kind of suspenseful movie, and my Grandpa enjoys anything set before 1980 and based on real events. Sure enough though, my Grams had already seen the movie, but when I don't know. I have no idea how she manages to see all of these movies when I'm struggling to watch one a day.

I knew this movie would be about a mother trying to find her son, but I hadn't realized it was going to be such a struggle for her and all the red tape the Los Angeles Police Department put her though. I had a dream once that I had been in a car accident, been treated by a friends Dad who volunteered as an EMT, and once I had gone back to get my car it was gone. Everyone I tried talking to about where my car had gone told me that there had been no accident and I was left trying to prove to everyone what I had known happened. I realize mine was only a dream, and this was a challenge a woman really faced in the later part of the 1920s but it creates this unbelievable sense of frustration.

Final thoughts: I hated the fact that Christine would never learn about the fate of her son. Of course I would probably hold onto his memory and pray every day that he was one of the boys who were able to escape and never came home out of fear of the man who kidnapped him in the first place. Not knowing was only complaint my Grandpa had with the movie, he was actually really frustrated with never knowing.

OFFICIAL COUNT: 163 DOWN 202 TO GO

Next up: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

No comments: