Tuesday, November 16, 2010

You've Reached Your Final Destination

Final Destination, 2000
Final Destination (New Line Platinum Series)

Final Destination (New Line Platinum Series)


This is one of those movies that my friends had already briefed me on long before the 365 Movie Challenge. I think watching the movie is going to be kind of like watching Star Wars and already knowing who Luke's father was. It's hard not to think that maybe I should have considered another movie it it's place.
After having watched the movie:
(Possible spoilers below)
Well, to toot my own horn a bit, I was right. Watching this movie was kind of like a chore, but on the up side it will be nice to be able to participate in any conversations about the movie in the future. I watched the movie one night with my Grams, she'll be watching many of movies with me now that she is down in Orlando for the winter months. It should also be noted, that she's probably seen at least 85% of the movies on the list. It was also a movie that she had already seen, but had forgotten parts of.
I think it was intended by the filmmakers to make audiences excited to see the new group of friends in Paris together at the end of the movie. I'll admit I was excited about that part of the movie too, not because things seemed to be looking up for them but because they finally took that awful wig off of Ali Larter.
Final thoughts: Final destination was fun, but I would have preferred to have watched it having not known about the outcome of the movie. I do look forward to watching the other movies in the series once I've completed the 365 Movie Challenge of course.

OFFICIAL COUNT 121 DOWN 244 TO GO

Next up: My Fair Lady

No comments: