Thursday, November 4, 2010

Driving Miss Daisy

Driving Miss Daisy, 1989
Driving Miss Daisy (Snap Case)

Driving Miss Daisy (Snap Case)

Maybe it was in the air, but ever since Fried Green Tomatoes I can't seem to watch enough movies that are set in the South. I may have even watched Forrest Gump for the thirty-fifth time as a result, but I feel like everyone knows what I'm talking about to a degree. The scenery, characters, and overall atmosphere from the movie is comforting and makes you feel good. After a crazy October, that's just what I need.

After having watched the movie:
(Possible spoilers below)

I came across this review on Netflix while trying to find information about the movie to share with those who haven't seen the movie or don't know a lot about what went into making the movie. I am absolute agreement with what this person wrote that I wanted to share it with everyone.
It is 11/02/10 and I just watched this movie for the first time and all I can think of is why did I wait so long?. My goodness, just when you thought all hope is lost in Hollywood, you bump into this mix of great writing, great directing and great acting. The leads brought tears to my eyes at the end. And the Dr. King scene....my goodness, how beautiful was that? I am so overwhelmed right now, tears are still lingering in my eyes. I am so grateful that this movie got a chance to live, grateful that I got a chance to see it. Thank you so much for telling this story.
Final thoughts: I think the only thing that could possibly make this movie any better was later learning that the story was based on the story of Lena Fox and her driver, Will Coleman. Ms. Fox was the grandmother of Alfred Uhry, who wrote the story. And while it's true I watched the movie in mid-late October, as I'm writing about it now it makes me want to revisit the movie and it's characters. There aren't a lot of movies I can say that about.


OFFICIAL COUNT 111 DOWN 254 TO GO


Next up: Best in Show

No comments: