Monday, November 29, 2010

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind (Widescreen Edition)

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind (Widescreen Edition)


I can remember sitting in class in school and people listing this as one of their favorite movies, but really I didn't understand why. I thought Jim Carrey was overrated and perhaps even over-appreciated. That's right Carrey fans - I said it. I knew this wasn't a comedy, which is an advantage because I think Jim Carrey over acts in comedies but maybe a more serious role is what it will take for me to change my opinion of him. Who knows? But I figure it's worth a shot, right?
After having watched the movie:
(Possible spoilers below)
I watched this movie a couple of weeks ago when my Grandpa was in the hospital. That week was really busy and not much fun. I spent two of my days off at the hospital and the remainder of the week I had to wake up early, go to the hospital and head to work from there later in the afternoon. Once I was done at work, I maybe grabbed a quick bite of something to eat and then went back to the hospital for a couple of hours. And really, I don't care what anyone says, spending time with people in the hospital like that is exhausting. It takes a toll on you and when you're able to finally go home and relax, all you want to do is sit and then sleep. After all, you have to get up and do the same thing all again tomorrow. I watched this movie one night with my Grams after we got back from the hospital. Neither of us had seen the movie before, so it we thought it'd be fun to pop it in and try it
The movie was just all right. It's kind of an artsy movie. It's certainly not for everyone. I don't think my Dad or sister would have liked the movie, they would complain it's too long or that nothing happens, but what they really mean to say is that it's to abstract. I kind of liked it though.
Final thoughts: It's kind of interesting that an entire movie was based off of a line from an Alexander Pope poem, "How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd."

OFFICIAL COUNT 125 DOWN 240 TO GO

Next up: Thank You For Smoking

1 comment:

Dana T. said...

Never EVER got why people love this movie. I tried to watch it 3 times! I just can't stand it.