Friday, November 5, 2010

Best in Show

Best in Show, 2000
Best in Show

Best in Show

I got an early heads up from a couple of friends that I'd really like this movie. I absolutely loved This is Spinal Tap and while I've tried not to set my sights too high, I'm really excited about this movie.

After having watched the movie:
(Possible spoilers below)

I think the greatest part about this entire movie was finally watching how all of these couples in the movie finally interact with each other and behave once they're at the dog show. My favorite couple, Hamilton and Swan, I think lost out too early in the competition though. But that being said, I don't really know how better crafted the story could have been if they stayed in the competition. Alright, I'll admit Parker Posey was my favorite part of the entire movie and I wanted to see more of her.

Final thoughts: The thing that really makes this movie so great is that it has such a great cast. A movie like this, could easily go either way and I don't think I realized until this morning in the shower thinking back on the HD project I made in school. Our thirty minute show had a lot of lows and a couple of great high points, the couple of high points being the saving grace. It wasn't just writing though, but the delivery and level of dedication that our friend put into their roles. The truth is, if Christopher Guest had slacked off in casting this movie probably wouldn't be part of the 365 Movie Challenge.

OFFICIAL COUNT 112 DOWN 253 TO GO

Next up: The Color Purple

No comments: