Friday, September 24, 2010

Caddyshack

Caddyshack, 1980
Caddyshack

Caddyshack


I realize this is a campy, cult classic movie from the 1980s and I added it to the week as a way to kind of lighten things up.
After having watched the movie:
(Possible spoilers below)
I was a little worried that the movie wouldn't be funny, because I had expected the majority of the comedy from the movie to have been parodied in other comedies made after the fact. So I was pleasantly surprised when I realized I hadn't seen or heard most of the punch lines from other movies.
When I read about all the things that were improvised for the movie, as a Script Supervisor it makes me cringe a little. I mean, how do you match and takes notes of something an actor completely makes up and has gone completely off script for. Yikes! You know, if I have to Script Sup on a show like this I'd want to throw in the binder. That being said though, I'd be a little excited about working on a fun comedy like that just in a different department. For instance, the scene when Bill Murray went on a little rant about Cinderella was completely improvised and done in one take.
Final thoughts: The movie has so many memorable lines like, "So I've got that going for me, which is nice," and "Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now about to become the Masters Champion. It's like a mirac... it's in the hole, it's in the hole. It's also no surprise to me that the movie remains to be a favorite among many golfers. If you're more like me, and have only golfed once it's still fun and doesn't require any real golf knowledge.


OFFICIAL COUNT 98 DOWN 267 TO GO

Next up: Good Will Hunting

No comments: