Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, 1989
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

I've really grown to like a lot of the movies from the 80's that I've already seen. I guess they all seem to have a certain charm to them. I'm pretty excited to watch Bill and Ted. I actually was able to plan it out so that I'm able to watch it on the last day of my work week. I know it's a comedy, and it was nice to be able to unwind with a comedy last week when I watched Weekend at Bernie's.

After having watched the movie:
(Possible spoilers below)

There are actually a lot of things that I try to take into consideration both before and after watching all of the movies that are a part of the 365 Day Challenge before I do the "write up." I try to account for the technology that was available when the movie was in production, any problems that occurred during production, and what was going on in the world around the same time it was made.

I knew Bill and Ted was going to be a typical teenage movie from the 1980's. I anticipated hearing the words "excellent" and "dude" repeated a lot, a couple of rather clueless teens and a lot of fun time traveling. I got all of these things. I think had I been the right age to see this when it first came out, I would have liked it. It wouldn't have been my favorite, but I wouldn't have regretted renting it on a weekend to watch with a few friends.

Final thoughts: This movie follows suits with a lot of movies from the 80's. It isn't for everyone, but if you watch it expecting something kind of typical from the 80's you won't be disappointed.

OFFICIAL COUNT 18 DOWN 347 TO GO

Next up: The Departed

No comments: