Saturday, October 2, 2010

The most delicious event since macaroni met cheese: Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, 2009
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) [Blu-ray]

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) [Blu-ray]

I remember first watching the trailer for this movie in theaters, and having really wanted to see the movie. For one reason or another though, I didn't make it out to theaters in time to watch the movie so I decided to do the next best thing and invite a lot of my friends to come over and watch the movie with me.

After having watched the movie:
(Possible spoilers below)

Apparently out of the group of friends, I was the only one who hadn't seen the movie. I was a little surprised all of them had already seen the movies at least once though, because it's not a Pixar movie. I mean, if it was a Pixar movie I wouldn't be even the slightest bit surprised that so many of my friends had already seen the movie.

One of my favorite aspects of animated movies is that the animators are able to create the entire world their characters live in. So it made sense that Flint, an inspiring inventor and scientist, would have a pretty amazing poster of Tesla as a Rockstar Scientist.


The movie did a great job not taking itself too seriously and I loved the fact that the writers were able to have a sense of humor and make a tornado out of spaghetti was rather brilliant. 



I also thought Anna Faris had all the great lines from the movie, and I kind of felt like the role was written just for her. "Hello Sam Sparks, I'm America!" and "You may have seen a meteor shower, but I've bet you've never seen a shower "meatier" than this."

Final thoughts: It does kind of make me wish we were able to manipulate the particles of water and make it rain ice cream. If we were, I'm sure Disney would be on the front lines and be one of the first to offer a cruise ship tour to the island. It of course wouldn't be a question as to where we would be going on our next family vacation, I mean if it can rain ice cream - I'm in.

OFFICIAL COUNT 106 DOWN 259 TO GO

Next up: National Geographic, The Photographers

No comments: