Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Kennedy Assassination: 24 Hours After

The Kennedy Assassination: 24 Hours After, 2009
The Kennedy Assassination: 24 Hours After

The Kennedy Assassination: 24 Hours After


I was so excited to start watching this movie, it was one of those that I had in my Netflix queue before I had the idea to start the 365 Movie Challenge. You see, I had kind of got on a documentary kick and this had been one of those that Netflix thought I would enjoy.
After having watched a moive:
(Possible spoilers below)
I have to say, I really had no idea that when I started watching this documentary it was going to be a two hour party of hating on President Johnson. The documentary uses first hand accounts of those who were closest to President Kennedy and Johnson at the time of the assassination and a closer look at how it had effected Americans. President Johnson is portrayed as a power hungry, politician who has to carefully craft his every move as to not seem to eager to gain power. Although the one of the greatest parts of the documentary is when the details are released about how President Johnson was sworn into office on Air Force One. I can't imagine what it would have been like for Jackie Kennedy, who was still in the same blood splattered clothes she was wearing earlier in the day. It's the single most moment that makes it perfectly clear what kind of lady Jackie was, she emitted elegant and grace.
Final thoughts: While I don't think this will completely satisfy all the questions conspiracy theorist have dreamed up, it most certainly provides an interesting look into the events that happened within the 24 hour time-period. And one final interesting thing to note, members of the Secret Service who were part of President Kennedy's motorcade were also interviewed and featured in the piece done by National Geographic which took a deeper looking into the CIA and U.S. Secret Service.
PROGRESS BEING MADE: 132 DOWN 233 TO GO
Next up: National Velvet

No comments: